Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

CO Poisoning also known as “carbon monoxide exposure”

Early symptoms of CO poisoning, such as headaches, nausea, and fatigue, are often mistaken for the flu because the deadly gas goes undetected in a home. Prolonged exposure can lead to brain damage and even death.

Take Corrective Action – These are the basic steps. 

Evacuate > Ventilate > Investigate

Move the affected person to fresh air.  Administer oxygen if available. 

Contact medical help. 

If the person is not breathing, perform artificial respiration as taught in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training until medical help arrives. 

Ventilate the area.  

Investigate the source of carbon monoxide and make repairs.


You can read more about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning on the NHS website here